8.16.2007

Glasswerk.co.uk Presents...@ Turnmills, 15 August 2007

Short and sweet review today.

Tanker: Overly loud, indecipherable lyrics, female lead singer looking a bit skanky. Not worth much attention really.

The Girls: Despite containing no actual girls, this band boast the hottest pair of shoes (pointy, zebra skin) and visor (pink, glittery) I've seen in a long time. Their also overly loud and annoyingly long set had a glimmer of potential, but not enough to entice me away from
the comfort of the sofas.

God Love You For A Liar:
The main attraction. The band formerly known as Plasik really seem to be growing into their new incarnation, and becoming even more spellbinding on stage. New song, This Is Not A Sermon, may be the best I've heard yet, adding to their already impressive repertoire. I may have been saying this for years now, but after tonight's performance I'm even more certain that this is a band who truly deserve to go far - now we just have to hope that the management present last night agree with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home